St. George's Orthodox Church Annual
International Christmas Festival & Open House
Invites you to join us...
Saturday, December 8, 2012 - 9 AM - 4:00 PM ~ Festival Day!
704 W. Sam Houston Ave. - Pharr, Texas
Free Admission. Free Entertainment. Saturday Festival Activities Include:
* Eastern European Christmas Carols performed by St. George's Choir
* Celtic Harp Performances by Louanne Gramman
* Children's Activities and Story Tellers with special crafts and stories for the Nativity Season.
* International Folk Dancing & Other Free Entertainment! Scheduled throughout the day.
* Church Tours & Orthodox History Information, Scheduled throughout the day.
* The "Real" St. Nicholas will make an appearancee! Have your or your children's photo taken with him!
* International Foods and Baked Goods for sale including our famous Baklava, Greek, Middle Eastern, African, Eastern European and Latin American Specialty & Holiday Fare.
*International Speciaty Food Booths: Ukrainian & Russian, and Tex-Mex Treats and beverages.
* Greek Grill: Souvlaki, Fajitas & Other Grilled Meats - to eat on site or take home
* Russian Tea Shoppe, with Premium Russian Tea, Greek Coffee, Lattes, Gourmet Hot Chocolate and Homemade International Baked Goods, Candies & Confections.
* International Soups and Breads - Sample Borcht, New Mexico Style Posole, Middle Eastern Lentil and other Specialty Soups - For sale on site or "take out" for at home enjoyment.
* International Specialty Foods - To eat on site or take home & enjoy!
* Special Order Baklava, Pastitsio, Pirogies, Cabbage Rolls, Dolmades Stuffed Grape Leaves, Spanikopita, Tiropita & More International Baked Items, for your holiday parties! Homemade Baklava and more! Call ahead to order at: 956-781-6114.
* Christmas Gift Items, including arts and crafts from Russia, Ukraine, Greece, Poland and Eastern Europe, such as icons, matroishka dolls, psyanki and much more..
* St. George's Handcrafted Soap - a handcrafted, homemade olive oil based and herbal scented soaps especially made by St. George's parishioners.
*St. George's Herbal Condiments & Gifts - handmade gourmet herbal, floral and spiced honeys, sugars, vinegars, salts & bathsalts. Marvelous Mustards - Several flavors - Herbal Honeys - Spicy Pepper Jelleis - All Homemade.
* St. George's Book & Gift Store - International crafts, Palestinian embroideries, gifts, greeting cards, icons, incense, crosses, wall hangings, books and more...
* Monastery Made Candles - 100% Beeswax Tapers, Votives, Tea Lights & Sculpted Gift & Decorative Candles.
* Quality Art & Craft Vendors - Specialty items and gifts for sale throughout the day including handmade jewlry & original artwork, including those from Ukraine, Poland and more!
* Raffle Ticket Sales & Drawing for Winning Items - Including a: 32" Flatscreen TV, Blue Ray 3D DVD Player, Kindle Reader, Gift Items, Free Coupons & More! Raffle Tickets only $2.00/each. Homemade KING Sized Quilt: Raffle Tickets only $5.00/each. Buy In Advance or On-Site
* St. George's Foodpantry Annual Fundraising Event: "Give a Can; Get a Cookie" - Bring cash or canned goods; staple food items or your donation of financial support to help the important work of St. George's Food Pantry which feeds the hungry in our Pharr neighborhood! We are also collecting new and lightly-used blankets, coats and toys for our special Nativity season distribution. Help us Help our Neighbors!
See photos from our past events at:
For directions to St. Georges or additional information, please contact Father Antonio Perdomo at 781-6114, by email at email@example.com
For more information, check our website link at: http://www.stgeorgetx.org/festival.html
This year’s International Festival will take place on Saturday, December 10, 2011 from 9 AM until 4 PM at 704 W. Sam Houston in Pharr, Texas.
Hosted by St. George Orthodox Church, this event is a Winter Texan and family-friendly activity. Both Festival Admission and Entertainment are free of charge. The festival fundraiser also features International Foods, Soups and ethnic Baked Goods, including the church’s famous homemade Baklava. The Russian Tea and Coffee Shoppe features gourmet teas, coffees, homemade baked goods, candy and confections. The Greek Grill will again serve souvlaki skewers and fajitas, as well as Pan de Campo. Specialty food booths include favorites from Ukraine and Russia, Ethiopia, Greece and Mexico. Quality arts and craft gifts will be available for purchase, as well as handmade soaps, toiletries, beeswax candles and fine culinary herbal products. Children’s Christmas activities run throughout the day, as well as scheduled Church Tours. Celtic Harp, Eastern European Christmas Carols and International Folk Dancing will be part of the day’s entertainment.
The event also features a Raffle, with tickets costing only $2.00 each. Raffle prizes include a 42” flat-screen TV and much more! Drawing will be at 3:45 PM. One does not have to be present to win.
St. George Food Pantry Annual Fundraiser; The festival is also the annual “Give a Can; Get a Cookie” food drive for St. George Food Pantry. The food pantry has served over 50,000 hungry people since it began in 2004. Please bring donations of cash, canned goods, coats or jackets, blankets or toys and receive a free cookie as a thank you.
If you would like to make advance purchases of raffle tickets or any of our specialty foods, such as Baklava, Pierogies, Pastitcio, Cabbage Rolls, Stuffed Grape Leaves, Spanikopita or Tiropita, please call Fr. Antonio Perdomo at 956-781-6114.
See photos from our past events at:
For More Information, Prices & More See: http://www.stgeorgetx.org/festival.html